CHEC offers two different types of membership. Full Membership is the only type available to new members
Entitlements are available to all members (including their immediate family), but are not transferable. Entitlements include:
- full access to CHEC website
- access to any other communication tools utilised by the group
- participation in general group discussions and activities
Only Full Members of CHEC are eligible to:
- hold office as part of the Administration Team (Associate Members may serve as part of the Communications Team if they wish)
- vote at General Meetings
Conditions of Membership
Membership of CHEC is open to all families in the Australian Capital Territory and surrounding regions of NSW, who are educating one or more of their children at home.
Families who seek and gain membership of CHEC will be understood by the group to:
- accept CHEC's definition of "Who We Are" (found in Constitution)
- be aligned with CHEC's Purpose Statement (found in CHEC Practice Manual)
- be supportive of CHEC's "Aims"
- be willing to act in accordance with with CHEC's "Code of Conduct"(found in CHEC Practice Manual)
- have paid the required Membership Fees
- membership has to be renewed by 1 March every year. If membership lapses, a new membership application will be required..